cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can not setup "Respond With" for 'Media Remove' alert category

javila
Level 2
i got automatic backups going on nightly with the tape set to eject after it finishes and an email to be sent to me.  Problem is the email does not get sent until the job is completely finished and the job is not completely finished until I respond OK when given the 'Media Remove' alert.

I have tried to follow the sym tutorials to setup an auto-response, but this area is grayed out for me.   I have 11.0  7170. 

Screenshot:

imagebrowser image
5 REPLIES 5

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

Hmm

From Tools\Options\Medial Management make sure that you have NOT selected an Overwrite Protection of FULL or PARTIAL   Don't specifically know if this will help, but NONE can lead to some really strange behavior in BE

javila
Level 2
It is currently on partial.  What should I set it to?  You say not to set it to full or partial, but then u also say setting to none can lead to strange behavior.

Switching it to NONE and then restrartting the program did not do anything to allow me to fill in the 'respond with option.

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

Sorry

what I meant was "Do not use NONE, make sure it is FULL or PARTIAL"

Partial should work fine

Are you using the Default Media Set 1   or a user defined Media Set

Have you tried recreating the job?

javila
Level 2
user defined media set.  Why would the job have anything to do with this?  The alerts are independant of the jobs, correct?

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

Was thinking of another thread when I put that in.  You are correct, It shouldn't make any differnce

If you have recreated the job and still have the problem, you may be down to opening a case with Symantec if no one else jumps in