cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can not slect files to backup with CPS

J_Presnall
Level 2
I have CPS 10d w/SP1 installed on a Win2k3 w/SP1 machine. I can not select files to backup. The screen for file selection is completly blank.

The files I want to backup are located on a 73GB array (T-drive). I have tried using the H-drive array for the backup destination and I have installed the remote agent on another Win2k3 Server w/SP1 and made the needed changes to point to this new backup destination.

Regardless of the method used, the screen where you would choose what files to select is completly blank.

I have rebooted both servers, checked the logs, but see nothing usefull, and I have re-installed the software twice.

How do I correct this?
5 REPLIES 5

Max_Max
Level 3
Possibly a permission issue? Have you checked the Backup Exec System logon account to make sure it is the correct account? Possbily try a different account. What account do the Backup Exec services start with? You could try changing to LOCAL SYSTEM ACCOUNT for each service as a test. Also try Windows NT backup to see if you have the same problem.

J_Presnall
Level 2
Currently the CPS services start using the local Admin credentials.

I have tried with the local Admin account, the Domain Admin account, and a local non-admin account, neither will populate the file selection screen.

Currently the server is using Windows NT backup to backup the T-Logs, which it does without problems.

J_Presnall
Level 2
Any ideas?

Max_Max
Level 3
What you need to try is to set the services to start with the account named "LOCAL SYSTEM ACCOUNT" This is an option you get under the LOG ON tab under the properties of each service. Change all Backup Exec services to use this. Also check the Backup Exec System logon account this is found under Network, Logon Account in Backup Exec. There should be a System Logon account have you tried changing?

Ajit_Kulkarni
Level 6
Hello,

You can refer to the below mentioned technote for having necesarry credentials for CPS:

Summary of Backup Exec Continuous Protection Server's (CPS) Security and Credentials
http://support.veritas.com/docs/278319

Hope this helps you.

Regards

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.