cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can not start service Backup exec server on windows server 2003 standard

huy325
Level 4

Dear All supporters,

Pls help to find out problem for us, we install backup exec 2012 on windows server 2003 standard x86, with domain controller account logon, now we can not start service Backup exec server, error may existed before but follow all current guide still can not solve, pls guide us, if need to send file from command >beserver -console  then I will send later.

error: The Backup Exec Server Service did not start. An internal error(-1) occurred in object 51

Thanks and best regards,

HUY

11 REPLIES 11

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Pls PM me the beserver -console output.

EDIT**

Hope Windows 2003 server is updated with SP2 prior to BE install

huy325
Level 4

Pls find short file from command prompt capture (not sure how to capture full text file??)

huy325
Level 4

Thank you very much,

Any more info need to be clear, pls advise

HUY

huy325
Level 4

we already install SP2 on windows server 2003 before install BE

Thanks

HUY

huy325
Level 4

We install with version Backup exec 2012 SP2 multiplatform multilingual

Thanks ,

HUY

VJware
Level 6

Is this a MMS server ? If not, was the MMS (Managed Media Server) option chosen during the install process ? If yes, uninstall Backup Exec and reinstall without choosing MMS.

huy325
Level 4

Update latest beserver.txt file will full log.

Regards,

HUY

huy325
Level 4

Hi,

This is media server,

Thanks ,

HUY

VJware
Level 6

Debug has these errors ~

[5088] 09/03/13 14:14:38 -1 SecurityBO: SendAlertMMSSecurityBlock, Alert sent fo
r hint:3.
[5088] 09/03/13 14:14:38 -1 SecurityBO: GenerateNewMMSServerCertificate failed.
rc:0xffffffff.
[5088] 09/03/13 14:14:38 -1 SecurityBO: ResetActiveAndExpiringMMSServerStructFro
mDisk, expiring file does not exist.  May be getting created initially.
[5088] 09/03/13 14:14:38 51 SecurityBO: DoMMSServerCertificateGeneration Failed.
 rc:0xffffffff.
[5088] 09/03/13 14:14:38 51 SecurityBO: ERROR Initialization Failed doing DoLife
CycleManagementSession. rc:0xffffffff, unable to continue. BO=51.
[5088] 09/03/13 14:14:38 -1 Business Object 51 failed to initialize:-1

Did you choose Managed Media Server option during the media server install ?

Do you use a CASO (Central Admin Server) as well ?

huy325
Level 4

Thank you ,

I already choose that option, I will uninstall and reinstall without select that option.

I have installed same but new environment and install BE without choosing this option and it works fine, few hours later I will uninstall and reinstall to confirm.

Because this is server running to serve users now, only restart after working hour.

Thanks and best regards,

HUY

VJware
Level 6

If choosing the MMS option, then should be another media server designated as CASO. The services for this server fail to start as it is not able to connect to a CASO server and generate the SSL certificate. If there is no designated CASO server, then this failure occurs. Hence the suggestion of reinstalling the media server without the MMS option.