cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't browse/select items to restore from tape (BE2014)

WalkerJ
Level 2

Please help. I am unable to restore from tape, even though the tapes were successfully written to during the duplication process some times ago. When I load the tapes and inventory them, BE2014 sees that they have data on them (and what servers were backed-up on each tape). But when I try to restore from the tapes, it won't allow me to browse down into the directory structure and won't even allow me to select the entire C: drive to restore. It's extremely fustrating.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

steves_2
Level 4

During the restore wizard when it asks you what files and folders you want to restiore, check that the dates you have selected are in the range of the tape.

It normally defaults to 1 month back.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

steves_2
Level 4

During the restore wizard when it asks you what files and folders you want to restiore, check that the dates you have selected are in the range of the tape.

It normally defaults to 1 month back.

WalkerJ
Level 2

Thanks steves. I did that, but it still won't allow me to browse.

WalkerJ
Level 2

Btw... I've tried to access several sets of tapes and the same issue happens. I've been using BE for many years and have never run into this issue.

I can even drill down into the tape details and find the files that I want to restore, but I can't browse to them in the restore process to do so.