cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't change Default Media Vault

AdamM
Level 4
Why can't I change my "Default Media Vault" in the Media Management options?  I want to make it "Offline" but when it always changes back to the 1st (alphabetically) vault I create.  Then when I export media from my library I always get a message stating that there are currently no media sets configured to move media to this vault.  When I try to edit the media set, guess which vault does not show up - "Offline".  \

I want my exported media to show up in the Offline vault so I can move it where I want.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.
2 REPLIES 2

Hywel_Mallett
Level 6
Certified
Offline isn't a vault.
A vault is a logical container that represents an location (usually off-site), so that you can manage the movement of media between sites.
Offline means media that is onsite but not immediately available to the BE server (such as not in a library or single drive.
Online means media that is immediately available to the BE server, such as B2D media, and tapes in a standalaone drive or library.

AdamM
Level 4
Thanks you for your help.  I guess my main goal is to just to be able to export tapes and have them end up in the Offline group instead of recieving the message "there are currently no media sets configured to move media to this vault' and having to manualy choose "Offline" every time.

This is how it worked in 10d with no configuration needed.

Thanks