cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't delete duplicate job

Brian_Chand
Level 2
I had a job to duplicate to tape another job immediately after completion. Today, I removed the original job, but now I can't delete the duplicate job. When I press DEL or select the delete option from the menu in either the Job Setup or Job Monitor tab, nothing happens. Looking at the status for the duplicate job, it says that the source job is now the first job in the list. If I move that job, the source job changes to whatever moves to the top of the list.

I'm currently running 5520.

Thanks,

-B
7 REPLIES 7

Shilpa_pawar_2
Level 6
Hi,

Try to repair backup exec database using following technote and observe the results:

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/265180.htm

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.

Brian_Chand
Level 2
I ran the database recovery, but see no change in behavior. The job still exists, and I cannot remove it.

Shilpa_pawar_2
Level 6
Hi,

Are you doing policy based backups?

If yes, try to create a fresh Policy

Also try to manually create a new job and the duplicate following job ( Without using Policies ).

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.

Brian_Chand
Level 2
I am not doing policy based backups.

I can create additional jobs and duplicates without issue. It's just the one job that's giving me problems.

Sharvari_Deshmu
Level 6
Hello,

You have mentioned that you have tried doing a recover database.

Please confirm whether you have done reload from base.If no then please try doing it with the help of the technote below:
However note: All media sets, backup-to-disk folders, and other settings will have to be created or configured again.

http://support.veritas.com/docs/254014

Thanks,

Skeader
Level 3
I am having the same problem.  Has anyone else seen this?  I've tried all Symantec's 'sollutions' but they do not fix the issue. 

Robert_Oschwald
Level 3