cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't install BEWS Remote Agent

utahed
Level 3
I'm new to BEWS so apologies in advance...

I've installed BEWS 12.5 on my media server and now am trying to install the Remote Agent on another server but after entering the account info for the remote server (login, password and domain) I get this error:

Attempt to connect to server \\SERVER2 failed with the following error:  Not enough storage is available to complete this operation.

I've confirmed there is plenty of storage available on SERVER2 and there are admin shares enabled, so I'm stumped.

TIA for any advice.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
waaaaay back in the NT4 days, this could usually be fixed by re-installing the latest OS service pack.  Haven't seen it recently tho

As long as the serial is installed on the Media Server you can try a silent install locally on the Remote Server

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
waaaaay back in the NT4 days, this could usually be fixed by re-installing the latest OS service pack.  Haven't seen it recently tho

As long as the serial is installed on the Media Server you can try a silent install locally on the Remote Server

utahed
Level 3
Thanks Ken I ran the silent install on the remote server and all is well.

Symboy
Level 6
Accredited Certified
Hi 

Probably the reason why push install was not working is , remote registry service on the remote server might be stopped .Hence backup exec is not able to query the registry to get the correct information regarding free space on the client . 

You can start that service and hopefully you'll be able to push the agent 

Thanks