cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't start server after restoring DC data

JohnXYZ
Level 3

I restored DC data to one DC server, the process is fine, but it showed one error after I restart DC, please see attachment.

7 REPLIES 7

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...what happens if you start it up normally? If it dies, try Last Known Good Configuration.

JohnXYZ
Level 3

try Last Known Good Configuration -----It's useless

newsolutionBE
Level 6

Hi

What happen when you one the first 3 option to boot like safe mode , safe mode with networking , safe mode with command prompt? do you get any specific error?

Thanks

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Did you restore the system state?  If not, restore the system state before trying to re-boot.

Also, are you restoring to a smiliar hardware?  If not, then it probably will not boot because the drivers are not the same.  Likewise, you cannot restore a physical machine to a VM.

It would be easier for us to help you if you list the steps that you do until this stage.

JohnXYZ
Level 3

Hi All,

Thanks a lot.  I do it like this: Backup DC(A)'s system state and then restore it to one new server(B). At this time, it is fine. Then I backup B's system state and restore it to A, the restore process is fine, it prompts it is successful, but A can't start and showed the attachment's information after rebooting A.

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

Are A and B matching hardware?

For instance if A contains hardware that uses drivers that won't cause a problem when they try to start on B, and then B autodetects some changed hardware where the driver start up will causes a problem on A then you might see issues with booting up after restoring the system state.

JohnXYZ
Level 3

They are all virtual PC and their OS, IP...are the same.