cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can''t use full memory disk tape!

vietdungcb
Level 3

Dear Supports,
Our company is currently using Veritas Backup Exe software because of its friendly interface, ease of use and timely support from you. We are very confident because of the good operation of this software, no longer have to worry about backing up and restoring user data.
There is only one problem I can't fix, that is when use Disk Tape, the software can't get its full memory disk, just only gets half of it. Daily backup disks we have 700GB get just over 300GB, monthly backup disks with more than 1.4TB get just over 700GB. Pls help me.

Best regards,

Vietdungcb

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

kf2013
   VIP   

What is your exact problem? Your data size is 700GB and the backup size is just over 300GB. I think Backup Exec compressed the data.

View solution in original post

kf2013
   VIP   

The raw data capacity of LTO-3 is 400GB and the compressed capacity is 800GB.

If your data cannot be compressed or it is compressed already, you can only use the raw data capacity (400GB),.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

kf2013
   VIP   

What is your exact problem? Your data size is 700GB and the backup size is just over 300GB. I think Backup Exec compressed the data.

My drive Tape is 700Gb, but the software shows only 350GB to save backup, I want to get enough data to last longer, can you guide me?

kf2013
   VIP   

LTO3 ?

yesss!!!

kf2013
   VIP   

The raw data capacity of LTO-3 is 400GB and the compressed capacity is 800GB.

If your data cannot be compressed or it is compressed already, you can only use the raw data capacity (400GB),.

vietdungcb
Level 3

Can you guide me how to create compressed data to use up 800GB space,

kf2013
   VIP   

Its not possible. As I have explained to you that the raw capacity of LTO3 is 400GB and the compressed capacity of LTO3 is 800GB, so you LTO3 cannot compress your compressed data and only 400GB raw capacity can only be used. What type of data would you want to store in LTO?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linear_Tape-Open

vietdungcb
Level 3

our data almost office file like: PDF, image,documents, excel and all not compress.

please help to show me how to backup tape will full capacity 800 Gb

kf2013
   VIP   

How to perform a test to verify if compression is working.

https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.100022817

Did u enable either hardware or software compression in the backup job?

If yes, please post the backup job log.

vietdungcb
Level 3

I send you the backup job log file, please help me check

https://drive.google.com/file/d/11AVSXLVBiNzPQgWz5I4IGkbHuEKSpQ0o/view?usp=sharing

vietdungcb
Level 3

I send you the backup job log file, please help me check

kf2013
   VIP   

You can try to change the compression to hardware.