cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you transfer 12.5 Remote Agents to BE 10d server......

MurrayJohnstone
Level 2
I am looking to move servers currently backed up remotely by a server running BE v12.5 to another server running BE v10d. Are v12.5 Remote Agents backward compatible to v10d?

I have tried to enter the 12.5 Remote Agent Licence codes but 10d not as simple as that.

Thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

veilsnzills17
Level 3
Employee
Yes, call customer care and request for a downgrade license for version 10D. Please make sure also that  you have the serial number for the software.The downgrade key will be sent to you via email. You may also request for a temporary serial number to download BUE 10d.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
I am looking to move servers currently backed up remotely by a server running BE v12.5 to another server running BE v10d. Are v12.5 Remote Agents backward compatible to v10d?

Nope

You could try calling support and have them generate v10d serials for you after giving them the v12.x serials

Veritas used to do this (generally only one or two levels back, tho and  v10d went End-of-Life May 6, 2009)

MurrayJohnstone
Level 2
Thanks I will contact them directly. Suspected it would be something like that as we had new codes generated when we upgraded another server from 11 to 12.5, so can understand going back the way the reverse needs doing.

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified
 You will have to take the installed agent software back to the 10D version as well - a 10D media server can't work with a 12.x remote agent no matter what licenses are installed on the media server

veilsnzills17
Level 3
Employee
Yes, call customer care and request for a downgrade license for version 10D. Please make sure also that  you have the serial number for the software.The downgrade key will be sent to you via email. You may also request for a temporary serial number to download BUE 10d.