cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancel Job if idle for too long

Jamie_Peppers
Level 3
How do you cancel a backup job automatically if there isn't a tape in the tape drive? The problem is over a holiday weekend. Is it a way to cancel the backup if it does not detect at tape, or is their another solution?Message was edited by:
Jamie Peppers
4 REPLIES 4

Mike_LeBlanc
Level 3
You could set the job to cancel if it doesn't complete within a certain time frame. In job properties, under Priority and Availability/ Enable automatic cancellation and set a time limit.

Mike

Jamie_Peppers
Level 3
According to that, it only works once the job has started backing up to tape not the time of the scheduled job.

Ajit_Kulkarni
Level 6
Hello,

I tried on my setup the same thing that you have mentioned. By selecting "Enable automatic cancellation" option the backup job gets cancelled after specified time even if there is no media in the drive. The job stays in Loading media state, waits for the specified time and then cancels the job.

The solution given by Mr LeBlanc is correct. I request you to try it.

Regards

Additional Information :
For information on the recent VERITAS Backup Exec security vulnerabilities, including links to the downloads for the necessary hotfixes, please refer to the following document:
Patch summary for Security Advisories VX05-001, VX05-002, VX05-003, VX05-005, VX05-006, VX05-007

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/277429.htm

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Jamie_Peppers
Level 3
Sorry dude, you were right. I misread it.

jp