cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancel one scheduled job

LANTech
Level 3

Hello,

We are using Backup Exec 2012. Is there a way to cancel one particular job on a partticular day?

In other words, if we want to cancel a job in advance one time, but have it run on schedule after that,

is there a way to do that?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Unfortunately, the Skip Next Run feature was removed in BE 2012.  In previous versions of BE, this will allow you to do do what you want in 1 step.  For BE 2012, you should hold the job until it is passed the time that you want to skip the schedule and then release it so that it can continue with the schedule.

Depending on your schedule, you may need to edit your job and change this parameter so that when you release the job, it will not run.

For example, if the schedule is a daily job, then this parameter needs to be less than 24 hours.

If you feel that the Skip Next Run feature is good, you might want to vote for my idea

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/ideas/bring-back-skip-next-run

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Backup_Exec1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Hi

Please go to edit job and click on schedule drop down and there you will see cancel ,this would be helpful if job is sitting in queued state or running by default it is set to 240 hours so you can lower it down to 8 to few hours and doing this will cancel the job if this run more than that time 

Thanks

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Unfortunately, the Skip Next Run feature was removed in BE 2012.  In previous versions of BE, this will allow you to do do what you want in 1 step.  For BE 2012, you should hold the job until it is passed the time that you want to skip the schedule and then release it so that it can continue with the schedule.

Depending on your schedule, you may need to edit your job and change this parameter so that when you release the job, it will not run.

For example, if the schedule is a daily job, then this parameter needs to be less than 24 hours.

If you feel that the Skip Next Run feature is good, you might want to vote for my idea

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/ideas/bring-back-skip-next-run

LANTech
Level 3

Thank you for your help. Sorry I didn't respond sooner, I forgot about my post!

I'll give these suggestions a try.