cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelled job does not cancel

astrolab
Not applicable
Five days ago, I cancelled an active "Verify" job. The job's status is still listed as "Cancel pending" in the job monitor.

Apparantly this job is going to remain "Cancel pending" until the sun enters its Red Giant phase, balloons to 10,000 times its current size, and envelops the Earth in fire?
3 REPLIES 3

Keith_Langmead
Level 6
Nah, Windows isn't stable enough to run for that long without crashing! ;)

I've seen the same thing time and time again. The only resolve I've found is to either re-start all the backup exec services (for ease, start with the Notification Server service, as that will stop about four of the other services at the same time), which will kill the job, or to reboot the server entirely. Obviously the latter is less desirable in most circumstances.

Asma_Tamboli
Level 6
Hello,

The canceled backup job shows the 'cancel pending' status if a backup job has been canceled when it is accessing the tape device to write on to the media or has already started writing on to the media.

Please recycle the Backup Exec services. To restart the services, please refer to the following Technote:

http://support.veritas.com/docs/254826

NOTE : If we do not receive your intimation within two business days, this post would be "assumed answered" and archived.

Madhuri_Shenoy
Level 6
As per our previous reply, marking the case as "assumed answered" and moving it to "answered questions" pool.