cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Backup SQL databases since upgraded to backup exec 2012

Tech_from_ACOME
Level 3
Hi, I have upgraded to BE 2012. Since, a scheduled job fails with the following errors on each SQL database located on a remote server : Warning: %Database_Name% is a corrupt file. This file cannot verify. Before upgrading, everything was ok. I have a valid licence for the "Agent for Applications and Dabases" on the local server. On the remote SQL server, "Symantec Backup Exec Remote Agent for Windows" is installed. I installed it remotely from the local server. Actually, what is weird is that the scheduled job fails, but when I start the job manually, it completes with no error. Can you help me ? Thank you, Best regards. Matteo
5 REPLIES 5

Donald_Eady
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Tech... 

In the Job log what are you seeing as the Final error code and message that follows

Tech_from_ACOME
Level 3

Hi Donald,

Thanks for your response.

Here are the error code and message :

Final Error Code:  0xe000fe36
Final Error Description:  "Corrupt data encountered. See the job log for details."
Final Error Category:  Resource Errors

For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-65078

I read much about this over the internet. But... This was working well using the same configuration in the job before upgrading to 2013. All I read about says to disable the Advanced Open File when when backuping SQL Databases. I also backup files, not only databases, actually the whole server. I have to use Advanced Open File, and I am not sure that the error is because of it.

Regards.

Matteo

Kiran_Bandi
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Not a good practise to backup databases and flatfiles part of a single backup job. Recommended way isto backup databases in one job with AOFO turned off, flatfiles in another with AOFO turned on.

I know, only one server per job is already creating more than enough troubles to admins. Again one DB server two jobs, nothing much to do about it. Try seperating job and see if that helps....

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Did you get the warning during the backup or the verify phase?  If it is the latter, it could be that your media is bad.  You should then try some other media.

Sush---
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Hello Matteo,

Is this error happening on any one particular database? You can check in the Job log about which database it is failing on. If it is failing on the same database again and again then just for troubleshooting purpose try to uncheck that database in the selection list and then try the backups.

Thanks,

-Sush...