cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Connect ot BE Server via Remote Console.

mooresl
Level 3
I am unable to connect to my backup server via the remote console. I get the error: A security package specific error occured. I am running Backup Exec 2010 on a Win2K3 R2 server with the latest patches and fixes for both the server and backup exec.  Everything connected fine until last week.  I followed the recomended fox here, http://support.veritas.com/docs/298312. It did not alleviate the issue.  I also tried to connect with other logon accounts that were created in the Logon Account Managemnet in Backup Exec. Still get the same error.

Any Ideas.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

mooresl
Level 3

It appears that the time on the server was off by 10 minutes which would affect log on abilities. I syncronized the time and was able to gain access via the remote console. 

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

sksujeet
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Try to make that account member of backup operator.

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

Reenter the password for the backup exec services and restart all the services .

mooresl
Level 3
The account is already a memeber of the backup operators group. Reenter Password for backup exec services?  How do I do that if I can not even connect?  When prompted to enter my password when connecting remotely, the services always show as stopped. Restarting them does nothing and they still show as stopped.

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
1 of 2 ways...

1. Log on remotely to the server, and either do that via BEUtility.exe or services.msc
2. Open up services.exe on a local server, and then open up your services on the server in question...

Laters!

mooresl
Level 3
I have adjusted the log on credentials 3 separt times. Access is stil denied. The only change is that the services show as running on the remote access log on dialog.  

I added a domain account that is a member of the backup operators group.
I added a local macnine account that is also a member of the bakcup operators account.
I slected Local System Account and checked and unchecked Allow service to interact with desktop.

Hemant_Jain
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Ok, is the media server and the server from where you are connecting, both on same domain? In credentials, are you specifying computer name or domain name as credentials, like xyz\username? make sure to provide same credentials that your BE services are running under. Alternatively use an account that is member of Local administrators group on the media server.

Please mark it a solution, if this is usefu.
Thanks

mooresl
Level 3
The media server and the server used for remote access are on the same domain and subnet. I was supplying credentials that is a member of a domain admins group as well as the local administrators group on the local machine. The accounts are the same and match credentials running under the services. Additionally, when supplying cedentials for services you are only given user accounts to choose both locally and the entire directory. Computer accounts are not an option.

This is especially frustrating since this worked fine until last week. Then no remote access. No credentials were ever needed or applied to the services. If they were needed, then why did it work with no issues.  No updates or patches were applied prior to failures. They were applied only after the problem presented itself and even then only one hot fix was applied. I have also removed the remote console, rebooted the server used for remote access and reinstalled the console. No change in behavior in either a 2003 or 2008 server.

RahulG
Level 6
Employee
Are all the services running at the moment ???

mooresl
Level 3

It appears that the time on the server was off by 10 minutes which would affect log on abilities. I syncronized the time and was able to gain access via the remote console.