cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot attach to mailboxes

Anthony_Fear_2
Level 2
Strange one this,

Running fully up2date 9.1 with exchange agent.
Created a backup exec servicesa ccount with all necessary permissions, unique mailboxes etc. but no matter what credentials we use we cannot attach to the exchange mailboxes.

Now the really weird thing is if we restart server - we CAN access them and perform a successful backup but only for a few hours after which it stops again.

I've run sgmon and this is a snippet after trying to connect:

bengine: 430 26/01/2006 19:17:56: ConfigureMsgService() returned 80040115.
user beadmin
bengine: 430 26/01/2006 19:17:56: Somehow we failed but without setting the return code hres =80040115
bengine: 430 26/01/2006 19:17:56: MailBoxDS::Attach: Was not able to log on as user: beadmin
bengine: 430 26/01/2006 19:17:56: del m_pMapiSis
bengine: 430 26/01/2006 19:17:56: clear and destory
bengine: 430 26/01/2006 19:17:56: admin-done

any ideas anyone?

Regards

Anthony
5 REPLIES 5

A_van_der_Boom
Level 6
Did you make your backupexec account an 'Exchange Full Administrator' within Exchange ?

Regards
A van der Boom

Anthony_Fear_2
Level 2
Yes we did

Normally we use the administrator account but I've followed all instructions on creating account and tried that instead but still no luck.

However after a reboot of the server either account will successfully attach but only for a few hours!

Rucha_Abhyankar
Level 6
Hi Anthony,

Please refer to these documents to check if the mailbox has these rights:

http://support.veritas.com/docs/243328

http://support.veritas.com/docs/236713

Hope this helps!

==================

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Anthony_Fear_2
Level 2
Hi Again

I double checked that none of the mailboxes were hidden and also confirmed the send as and recieve as permissions - everything was as it should be so no difference I'm afraid.

I'm starting to think that perhaps this isn't related to veritas at all and perhaps it's a windows authentication issue - because as I said, when we reboot the machine the backups will work perfectly for up to 24 hours but then they go wrong again!

Renuka_-
Level 6
Employee
Hello,
Please check the error in the widnows domain authentication in that case and do keep us updated.
NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answeredand would be moved toanswered questions pool.