cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot authenticate on Snap Server

benningtonr
Level 2
I have been using backup exec for years and just upgraded to 9.1 and I cannot authnticate to the snap server with any user account. Local, domain, admin, domain admin, Nothing will authenticate. Any Ideas.
5 REPLIES 5

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
What is the specific error that you get?

Do you have a RAWS key installed on the media server?

from http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/237737.htm

While backing up servers, Backup Exec will think it as another Windows server on the network and thus demand "RAWS/RANT" but no component is required. (Infact cannot be installed).The selections for the server backup need to be created through user-defined selections.

Note: You can always back up a "SNAP server with user-defined-selection" without requiring "RAWS/RANT" license but in order to avoid the "Licensing Error" in the job log you need to purchase and register the license on the media server, because for Backup Exec, it is just another Windows server on the network.

benningtonr
Level 2
I have the Licenses, it was working before I upgraded to 9.1

I have all my network servers as user defined.

Shilpa_pawar_2
Level 6
Hi,

Since Backup Exec v9.1 Query has been posted to Backup Exec v9.0 moderated forum, moving the post to Backup Exec v9.1moderated forum.

Thanks.

tejashree_Bhate
Level 6
Hello,

Can you please copy the exact error which would make troubleshooting, the problem easier.

NOTE : If we do not receive your intimation within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to the answered threads pool.

Sheetal_Risbood
Level 6
As per our previous reply, marking the case as assumed answered and moving it to answered questions pool.