cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot connect to media server

Not applicable
Am using Backup exec 9.1 on 20003 Server. Changed the server password. Now I am getting a logon asking me to logon to Media server. Every password I try gets a message " The Backup Exec server system is not responding. The service is either not installed or running. I have tried to change password. Question is..Why have am I being asked to login to Media center and how do I resolve?
4 REPLIES 4

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
Are you running the BackupExec Services as Local System, Admin, or a dedicated Account?

If Admin, have you changed the startup properties of all the BEWS services from the services applet?

Shilpa_pawar_2
Level 6
Hi,

Since Backup Exec v9.1 query has been posted to Backup Exec v9.0 moderated forum, moving the post to Backup Exec v9.1 moderated forum.

Thanks.

tejashree_Bhate
Level 6
Hello,

With reference to the previous reply to your post, we would request you to update us on the progress.

NOTE : If we do not receive your intimation within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to the answered threads pool.

Sheetal_Risbood
Level 6
As per our previous reply, marking the case as assumed answered and moving it to answered questions pool.