cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot backup EMC NAS now

Brent_Coogan
Not applicable
With this new version I can no longer back up my shares on my EMC NAS. You cannot install a remote agent on it. With the previous version I had on there which was 10D it would still back the data up, but give me a warning that the job could not initialize the remote agent. Now it just fails the job from the get-go and will not back up any data.

Is there a way around this with the new version or am I going to have to dump it and go back to 10D?
4 REPLIES 4

maxi_maximus
Level 4
Whats the exact error message?

Russ_Perry
Level 6
Employee
BEWS 11 should have the same functionality regarding the backup you're trying to do but also has a real NDMP agent that works with NetApp Filers. I'm wondering if the problem comes from BE making an NDMP connection with a Netapp query to the NAS and getting some error back instead of being able to do the RPC backup 10d used to do. If no other application is using it on the NAS, try disabling the NDMP protocol and the backup should work.

Russ

Bryan_Sockel
Level 3
I was having the same Problem with backing up my Nas. I stumbled across this article and it resolved my issue. I only did the first part of the article, but it does now allow

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/255174.htm

shweta_rege
Level 6
Hello,

Could you please update us on the issue....

Thank you,

Shweta