cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

Cannot connect Hyper-V VM Server 2003 SBS from host server 2008 media server.

Juha_Honkanen
Level 3
Partner
Hi,

I'm trying to backup Server 2003 SP2 SBS 32-bit which is virtualized. It runs on Server 2008 64-bit Hyper-v which is our media server. I have installed remote agent to the VM locally because push install failed. The VM is showing on backup list but when trying to choose the backed up files the backup exec stops responding. I'm trying to test the connection with environment check remote installation check from the host machine. It says all the time that username or password is not correct. I have made the backup account correctly (it is in groups domain admins and local admins, from GP the "log as a batch job" is enabled for this user).

Now I tested the environment check from another server and it says following:

[computer name] is a server core installation option of windows server 2008. The backup exec environment check does not support computers that run server core option.

How is this possible because I'm trying to check that virtualized 2003 SBS server?

Any suggestions what I should try next?

The connection from that server 2008 is working to another servers and the backup/restore jobs are working. I also tried to test environment check to that same 2003 SBS server which is not yet virtualized and remote agent check runs correctly to that location.

Oh and I'm using 12.5 version of backup exec.
0 REPLIES 0