Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot connect to Media Server

Edzins
Level 2
Hi!

Software: Backup Exec 11d

Ok, here is my BIG problem:

I `ve setted up a Symantec Backup Exec on the server which is far far away from my ordinary work place. Everything worked with no problem (how i thought).

Now the only way how can i access the server is by using Remote Desktop. And when i try to run the backup management there is request for loggon information ("Connect to Media Sever", "Backup Exec Service on name: stopped"), ok i type all information what is requested and then comes an error: "The Backup Exec system is not responding. The service is either not running or not installed".

Where is the problem?! Is there any way that i can access the beckup management?!, because some employers have deleted the data and i need tho restore them....

Thanks!
2 REPLIES 2

Hywel_Mallett
Level 6
Certified
It sounds like the BE services on the media server are not running. On the logon dialog box, there is a button you can click to view the Services Manager. From there you can try to start all (BE) services. If they don't start, there is a more fundamental issue which requires investigation.

Edzins
Level 2
I`ve tried to start/restart the process - "The service did not start due to a logon failure".

Maybe there is something to do with that im trying to access the backup management by Remote Desktop ?