cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot find backed up files

Tom_Alway
Level 3
I recently lost my backup computer due to a hard disk failure. I have a backup of the \Program Files\VERITAS\ folder and subfolders. However after restoring the data I cannot locate the "Backup Selection Lists", backup history and schedule jobs. I have reloaded the catalogs, data and log files but still nothing. Is there something that I failed to backup? I can recreate the jobs from a print out but that is a long process. Any help would be appreciated.Message was edited by:
thomasa
2 REPLIES 2

Dave_Bunye
Level 6
All that information is held in the BE database, which you would need a copy of that to restore. Do a search on the forums for how to restore the backup exec database and you may find it, I forget the exact file name you need to recover the BE database. It has been covered here in other threads though.

Catalogs and log files are the results of jobs, but cannot recreate the job itself since they are seperate files/parts of the database.

Sharvari_Deshmu
Level 6
Hello,

All the job history and job logs are part of Data folder. Please copy the *.xml files and *.bak files to the \program files\Veritas\Backup Exec\NT\Data folder from the backed up tape.
Start Beutility and select option 'Drop existing Database and reload from backup'.

Thanks,

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.