cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot get CPS build 11.1.407.4003 to install

BGR
Level 3
I am currently running BE 11d build 1170. When updating to 1170 I assumed it would automatically install the newer CPS build,  11.1.407.4003. Instead, it left my CPS at build 11.1.403.9801. I've explicitly tried installing the newer version of CPS by using the installer under the CPS32 directory, but that presented no option to continue when selecting "Install Additional Options" (I presume because it is already installed) and the Repair function leaves me at 11.1.403.9801. Does the base 1170 build include CPS 11.1.407.4003 or the earlier version? Live Update also says I am completely up-to-date.

I am hoping the newer version has fixes for indexing because the 11.1.403.9801 build seems to hang on indexing certain snapshots wit h the status remaining in a perpetual "indexing" state. Indexing is one function that's never worked properly since my initial install of 11D CPS.
2 REPLIES 2

Ben_L_
Level 6
Employee
The download for BE 7170 does not include the update for CPS.  This is a seperate download and install.  You can download it from either fileconnect.symantec.com or backupexec.com

BGR
Level 3
I am not on mainteance, so Fileconnect only has the initial release of 11d. I went to backupexec.com and downoaded the version there, but it was the exact same BEWS_11D.7170_CPS_32BIT-X64.zip file I already have. Using that to install I am only given "Add Additional Options", "Repair", or "Remove" choices, which seems to say I already have that version installed. As I said, I did  perform the Repair operation to reinstall and I'm still left at 11.1.403.980.

So it is a mystery as to where 11.1.407 is located. I shouldn't have to perform a complete uninstall and reinstall to get to the new version if it is actually in the above zip and I certainly don't want to risk going through the pain of that process just trying to ascertain that.