cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot get evaluation version to complete any job

Tim_Sagstetter
Level 3
Backup Exec is installed, the Veritas device drivers are loaded, all Backup Exec services are started, and Backup Exec sees the device (Sony LIB-D81 changer with Sony SDX-900V AIT4 drive).

New tapes are loaded in slots 1 and 2. I select Slot 1 and select Label Media. The job starts, but never completes (waited over an hour). The same thing happens if I select Inventory. No errors are displayed; no alerts are sent.

What am I missing to get a job to complete?
4 REPLIES 4

Sharvari_Deshmu
Level 6
Hello,

DO you see any errors in the event viewer related to the device.

Thanks,

Tim_Sagstetter
Level 3
Sharvari:

Thank you for your response. I see no device or BE errors in the System or Application event logs.

Just for grins to see if that is even working, I disabled the device driver and attempted to Inventory a slot. This job failed and created an entry in the Application event log as expected. It also shows that a job can actually get processed and complete (even if it was an error). So, that's more response than we've seen otherwise so far.

When the drivers are enabled, why would something like an Inventory job go into the queue as an active job and never complete without some sort of timeout or other feedback? I would think if an Inventory job runs over an hour, something must be wrong, correct?

Tim

shweta_rege
Level 6
Hello,

-- Do you receive any active alerts that you need to respond to?

-- How does the Backup run on a backup to disk folder?

Thank You,

Shweta

Tim_Sagstetter
Level 3
Shweta,

I just ran a disk to disk backup test and it ran ok.

The only active alert.
The job failed with the following error: One or more arguments are invalid

Device name: Sony LIB-D81