cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot install BE remote agent - access denied

jb61264
Level 3

I am unable to install Backup Exec remote agent to a Windows 2003 server from my media server...I keep getting "error-access denied" messages during the install process. The server I am trying to install remote agent onto is in the same domain as the media server and I can PING the target server from the media server. Also, I can start the install process on another server just fine without getting the error message so there must be some sort of "port" or "permission" required that the sucessful server has that the target server does not.

6 REPLIES 6

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

Silly question - does the account you are logged in as have Admin Rights on that server?

As a workaround, have you tried a local install on that server

Sush---
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Hello there,

Check these technotes and follow the steps as per the technotes which will help to resolve the issue:

http://support.veritas.com/docs/347192

http://support.veritas.com/docs/270144

Thanks,

-Sush...

pkh
   VIP    Certified

For the problem server, try installing the RAWS locally.  Copy the appropriate RAWS (32- or 64-bits) from C:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec\Agents to that machine and then executing the setup.

Symanticus
Level 6

can you do the manual install from shared network drive and go to : Backup_Exec_2010_13.0.4164_MultiPlatforms_Multilingual_DVD\BE\WinNT\Install\RAWS32

sksujeet
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

If you install it from the CD then it will not be updated. Copy the raws32 or rawsx64(depending upon the 32 or 64 bit) folder from c:\program files\symantec\backup exec\agents folder(this is the location on the BE SERVER) and copy it to the client server where you want to install it and then run the setupaa.cmd and it will install the remote agent with all the updates.

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...virtually a direct copy of pkh's response...