cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot log on to MAPI with specified credentials Exchange 2003 from 64 bit Server

dbu
Level 2

Hello
I installed Backupexec 12.5 on a Windows 2008 Server 64bit. In the network there is also a Exchangeserver 2003 (Windows 2003 32 bit) with BE Agent (license is installed). Backup of the Exhcange store is possible.
But a restore with the GRT is not possible.
It comes with error: [Backup Exec Catalog Driver] Cannot log on to MAPI with specified credentials.

I tried a lot of things, updated all ServicePacks and Hotfixes .... , Installed MAPI/DOA on 2008 Server ..... without any success.
Created new 'symantec' account with unique mailbox and admin rights.
Do i am coorect if i say: "It is not possible to connect mapi from a windows 2008 Server 64bit to a exchange 2003 Server 32bit" ?
I am stuck right now and have no any idea's left.
Is there a possibility to connect mapi from 2008 Server 64bit to Exchange 2003 32bit?
Should i install outlook2010 on the 2008 Server? (installing Exchange Manager 2003 is also not possible on a 2008 Server)
... how to get this solved..?

Thanks
Best regards
Daniel
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

dbu
Level 2

Normaly after i update a software i am going to recreate all jobs new.
After i dblicated the job again to a backup2disk device and tried to select the mailboxes it works.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Hi there,

Not sure if you have taken a look at the tech article below...?

http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/311718.htm

I see you have tried some of the stuff, but go through it and post the results if it doesn't help.

Craig

dbu
Level 2
Hi
Thanks for anwering.
Yes This was my first check and i tried a lot of this reasons.
I think it have defenitly something to do with mapi32.dll and the 64bit Server, when i install MAPI Client and Collaboration Data Objects 1.2.1 it install it on a directory called C:\Program Files (x86)\ExchangeMapi and there is a file called exmapi32.dll but the file on the windows\system32\mapi32.dll is not updated and is on a version 6.0.6000.16386 and only TrustedInstaller have fullaccess. I think it have defenitly something to do with the 64bit and mapi.
Maybe there is a way to say in a config hey use this instead of the one in system32.

dbu
Level 2

Normaly after i update a software i am going to recreate all jobs new.
After i dblicated the job again to a backup2disk device and tried to select the mailboxes it works.