cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot restore messages from retired exhange 2007 server

Daniel_Schaaff
Level 2

When the restore job runs it fails with the error message "Cannot restore properties for one or more messages or folders. Review the credentials for the resources in the job, and then run the job again. Final error category: Resource Errors."  When I test the login credentials on the 2007 server the test fails.  These are the correct login credentials that were in use when the server was live.  The server has since been retired and no longer resides on the network.  I can open the server object in Backup Exec, find the messages I need from the backup data, and create the restore job but it errors out with the above message each time.

What else can I try?

4 REPLIES 4

Jaydeep_S
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Have you tried redirect restore of the emails to your exisiting Exchange 2007 mail server. Also waht is the version of Backup Exec installed?

If you have BE 2012, you could try to redirect restore to a .pst file

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH191622

lmosla
Level 6

Hello,  Is this restore from tape or disk?

Verify the mailbox is not hidden from the gui and that the account is an Exchange Organization Administrator  

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH184449

Daniel_Schaaff
Level 2

We are redirecting the restore to our existing Exchange 2010 server.  The 2007 Exchange server no longer exists.  We are using Backup Exec 2012 sp2. The data was originally on a tape, but I have duplicated the backup set to a network and am running the restore from that backup set for faster performance.

Jaydeep_S
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

You cannot redirect Exchange 2007 mailbox to a Exchange 2010 server. This would requirea process - Migration. Backup Exec cannot migrate Exchange information.

The only options that you seem to have at this point is either to restore to a .pst file or setup a Exchange 2007 server and try redirecting to that server.