cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot restore server using BE 10.0 and ISO image!

Scott_McCurdy
Level 3
I do a full backup of my Windows 2003 server and create the ISO image. When I attempt to do a full restore I am getting a server failure when the server boots for the first time. I can't even repair the installation using the server 2003 CD.

Why is this happening and how can I do a full restore of my server?
3 REPLIES 3

Scott_McCurdy
Level 3
I am getting the kernel dll error when the server reboots for the first time like many others on the forum. I am following the recommended procedures for reinstalling 2003, then Backup Exec 10 and the Hotfix 23.

Now I am getting an error that the remote agent needs to be installed on the server....I don't understand this since I am doing a local restore. However, I installed the remote agent and I still get the same error that I need to install the remote agent again.

Somebody help please.....this is very frustrating and it seems like everyone is having problems restoring a 2003 server using a full backup and an ISO image.

John_Schneider
Level 3
I know the problem - its called untested rubbish overpriced unsupported software.

My 2003 restore does a similar thing. You would think it does what is says on the box wouldnt you?

If someone from Veritas would 'actually' like to help for a change. Help would be appreciated.

Maybe an another over priced 'agent' called 'something that works agent' could be sold ?

Ajit_Kulkarni
Level 6
Hello,

What is the exact error message that you are getting while performing restore ?

In the meanwhile you can refer to the below mentioned technote for the recovery procedure:

Disaster recovery of a local Windows 2000 or Windows 2003 computer (includes non-authoritative restore of Active Directory for a domain controller)
http://support.veritas.com/docs/236240

Hope this helps you.

Regards

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.