cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot run Direct Assist diagnostics due to login failure

Karen_Cooper
Level 3
I cannot run the diagnostics due to login failure, but I can get to the server using remote terminal server. This is similar to the overall issue I am having where I do not have the rights to administer Veritas
9 REPLIES 9

Renuka_-
Level 6
Employee
Hello,
PLease use an account that has domain admin rights.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answeredand would be moved toanswered questions pool.

Karen_Cooper
Level 3
I am logging in as the administrator. That is what seems so strange. That the administrator does no have the rights to restore data or run the analysis.

priya_khire
Level 6
Hello,

Are you referring to running the Bediag (backup exec diagnostics)? You have mentioned that you face the problem of login failure. When does this occur? Do you get any error in particular? Since when does the problem occur?

Do elaborate the issue so that we can help you resolve it.

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Regards.

Karen_Cooper
Level 3
The latest error is that I do not have BackupExec on the machine. I was allowed to login.

Deepali_Badave
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

Please elaborate the query to further troubleshoot this issue.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Karen_Cooper
Level 3
The error says 'Hotfix Check Result - Hotfix Check diagnostic found that authorization credentials were not valid'.

This time DA did not like my login?

Al_Capone
Level 4
Hi Karen
the beauty of Backup exec crap software is you cant run DIRECT assist while a terminal service session!!!

Al Capone

Karen_Cooper
Level 3
So I have to shut down Veritas to run the diagnosis???

Karen_Cooper
Level 3
That didn't work either!
Device Driver Check Result - Device Driver Check diagnostic found that authorization credentials were not valid