We need to use the NBU AIR to backup the Prod site to a DRS site. I have below queries if someone can please assist:
1) NBU Source to Target SLP policies replicate the storage from site 1 to DRS once a day - whats the recommended frequency if a dedicated link is used for the replication?
2) In the event of a failure Master server at DRS site will be used to recover the clients/vms
3) Once the primary is backup - how do we bring up the vms/clinets at primary site backup with the latest copy of data? Can we use NBU to AIR back the current copy to primary site?
Thank you for the reply. I am bit new to this if you dont mind can I ask few more questions:
We have about 20+ Vms - that we need to backup the storage to the backup site.
1) We are planning to have a master server at both the Main Site and the backup site. Does the Master server has to be installed on a particular VM or can we just install a new windows server for the master server?
2) Do we need the media server here in this deployment? What are the differences between Master and Media Server?
3) The clients get installed on the actual VMs we are backing - correct?
4) What if the main site has version 8 and the backup site has version 7.1 - will these work or should be upgrade the 7.1 to 8?
5) Are you able to please summarise the complete process - how the replication will work and what do we need to do if the main site goes down to bring the vms back online?
Thanks for your help