cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote Agent for NetWare 9.1.1158.3

David_Armstrong
Level 3
My Remote agent for NetWare is at 9.1.1152.4 and I’m trying upgrade to Backup Exec Remote Agent for NetWare 9.1.1158.3. I am running Backup Exec 9 for Windows Server, on a Windows 2000 server, and want to update to Backup Exec 10.0 build 5520. I have downloaded the update from http://support.veritas.com/docs/278581 and ran it on my Windows server to unzip the files on the Windows server that I am running BEWS 9 on. I close all open windows running on the Windows server. I double click the setup icon and it opens a Backup Exec for Netware Severs window. It then opens a dialog box, Backup Exec Remote Server, I click Next. I accept the license agreement and click Next. I select the components, Evaluation Install and Check Remote Netware Sever and click Next. I Select the Remote Server Components, Remote Agent for Netware Server and Open File Option and click Next. At the Remote Server dialog box I select my Netware sever and move it to the Destinations System side and click Next. At the Enter Network Password it shows a green check mark on the Netware system and I click Next. I keep the default Destination Path which is my Netware server Name, Volume is Sys and Install path is bkupexec, and I click Next. It then asks me for the IP address for the Netware server and I enter it and click Next. At the Verify Option box I click Next. I now get a Question box; Backup Exec is currently running on the server. You must go to the server and unload it before setup can complete. Has Backup Exec been unloaded? Yes or No. I go to the Netware server and at the system console run bestop. It shows Backup Exec unloading. I go back and answer Yes to the question. It still comes back to the same question box asking: Backup Exec is currently running on the server. You must go to the server and unload it before setup can complete. Has Backup Exec been unloaded? Yes or No. I have waited a few minutes, run bestop again and eve rebooted the Netware server and tried again but it still comes back to the question: Backup Exec is currently running on the server. You must go to the server and unload it before setup can complete. Has Backup Exec been unloaded? Yes or No. I cannot get by this question screen. Please advise.

Thanks,

David
1 REPLY 1

David_Armstrong
Level 3
I also tried to load this remote Agent to a Netware box that did not have a remote agent loaded on it from the Windows Server running BEWS, with the same results.

David