cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Catalog Error after Updating BE2014Sp1 to BE2014sp2

BrianD2014
Level 2

The following error is being logged every hour:

Access to catalog index (Catalog index database) failed.
Reason:  [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Could not find stored procedure 'CATDLM_New_GetExpirableMedia'. CCatRecordSet::Open
r:\columbuscft_sp\1786.1093r\becat\segodbc\seg_odbc.cpp(1889)
{CALL CATDLM_New_GetExpirableMedia(?,?,?,?,?,?,?)}  

AND

Access to catalog index (Catalog index database) failed.
Reason:  [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Function sequence error CCatRecordSet::GetRecordCount
r:\columbuscft_sp\1786.1093r\becat\segodbc\seg_odbc.cpp(3629)
{CALL CATDLM_New_GetExpirableMedia(?,?,?,?,?,?,?)}  

Initial update was done via LiveUpdate and then this morning tried the update again using the sp2 downloaded file. Same results. Researching this issue yeilded a document regarding needing "sa" user enabled, first time the user was disabled so I enabled it prior to the second attempt today.

DB is at the default location and name on the media server. SP1 update worked fine last year. Last nights backups ran without troubles, other than the 2 errors every hour.

The referenced procedure is not in the Databases Stored Procedures listing.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Stop all BE services, and browse to the BE directory using a cmd. Run the following command:

catrebuildindex -r

Once this completes, restart all BE services and observe if the catalog events are still being generated or not.

If it still occurs, would recommend to log a formal support case.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Stop all BE services, and browse to the BE directory using a cmd. Run the following command:

catrebuildindex -r

Once this completes, restart all BE services and observe if the catalog events are still being generated or not.

If it still occurs, would recommend to log a formal support case.

BrianD2014
Level 2

As I was uncertain if this request would get published, and running out of time as my next full backup runs tomorrow, I opened a support case with Symantec on this issue on Tuesday. Yesterday a Support tech out of India called me and he basically went through everything I put in the Support case, same as I did here, with the addition of the SymHelp Support logs file. He then stated he had no authorisation to look at the DB and so would have to escalate the case. THis was done yesterday morning.

AS of Thursday afternoon, which is when I am writing this, I have had no further contact with anyone at Symantec Tech Support. I finally, out of total exasperation, decided to come back here to see if this post was ever published, and low and behold it was.

I carried out your very clear and concise suggestion VJWare and it worked without any trouble at all. My issue is no longer a problem. The catrebuildindex command also allowed the DB to actually upgrade to its SP2 version, resulting in the missing CATDLM_New_GetExpirableMedia procedure, and likely others as well, being created. Now the DLM process is working correctly again.

Now why couldn't any Symantec Tech Support people have simply emailed me and had me carry out this simple procedure.