cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Catalog media from anotther backup exec 2010

tulop
Level 3

Hello

I've a Backup Exec Server 2010 running but I want to be able of restore datas from other Backup Exec. I've tried to copy Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec\Catalogs from old server, insert the tapes in the Autoloader and inventory -> catalog media but the catalog task always fail. This is the error message:

Loading media-based catalog set list from the storage media.
The requested media (sequence number 3 in the media family being cataloged) was not listed in the catalog's media index, and therefore, it could not be mounted.
No data from this media will be included in the disk based catalogs.
Performing an inventory operation on this media and rerunning the catalog operation should resolve the problem.
An error was encountered while attempting to read the Media Based Catalog's Set Map data.
Attempting to catalog the media by reading the data area of each backup set.

Drive and media mount requested: 9/28/2011 3:41:49 PM

Job Completion Status
Job ended: Wednesday, September 28, 2011 at 3:49:05 PM
Completed status: Failed
Final error: 0xe0000900 - The requested media is not listed in the media index and could not be mounted. To add the media's catalog information to the disk-based catalogs, run an inventory operation on the media and resubmit the Catalog operation.
Final error category: Backup Media Errors

For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-2304

I don't know that I can do.

Could you help me, please?

Thanks in advance

Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi Tulop,

No need to copy the Catalogs folder across, because by running the Catalog job on the tape you're adding the detilas to the other BE server anyway.

Below if the TN for your issue:

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH44676

Thanks!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi Tulop,

No need to copy the Catalogs folder across, because by running the Catalog job on the tape you're adding the detilas to the other BE server anyway.

Below if the TN for your issue:

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH44676

Thanks!

Joji
Level 5

Craig,

Is this the same case ("No need to copy the Catalogs folder across, because by running the Catalog job on the tape you're adding the detilas to the other BE server anyway") if I will upgrade my 12.5 to BE 2010 on a new hardware (server)?

Thanks in advance.

tulop
Level 3

Thanks a lot! You have solved my issue :)