cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Catalogs not appearing in restore

Andrew_Massey
Not applicable
We have Backup Exec version 8.0 build 3315 running on windows SBS Server 2000 with a HP SureStore DLT 70 tape drive.

The problem is that we have no catalogs in the restore view, I have tried the various options suggested about re-indexing etc, deleting the BeTopCat.idx file from the catalog directory, moving the catalog location to a different drive, running inventory and tape catalog to try and rebuild but nothing works, the restore inventory is always empty, the catalog files *.U01 exists but still nothing shows. I am convinced the backups are working as the backup job completes without error and the tape says it has so many GB of data written etc...

Can anyone tell me:

A) Are there any updates for this build and where to get them?
B) Is there a way to get over this problem?

Thanks

Andy
1 REPLY 1

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
v8.5 would be a free upgrade, but is no longer available for download. You may be able to find a copy on one of the Auction Sites

If you hve done all the standard stuff for recovering your catalogs, and still don't see them, I don't know what to tell you. The way that worked best for me was to shut down BackupExec, then delete everything except the U01 files from the \Catalogs directory. If that doesn't work, ???