cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

Catastrophic failure

krjr32
Not applicable
Hi, i am having a problem with the backup of one of my machines... the version of veritas i am using is:

backup exec 11d 7170 for windows server small business suite

the error messages i recieve when doing a backup are...

Backup- \\xxxx.xxxx.local\C: V-79-57344-34110 - AOFO: Initialization failure on: "\\xxxx.xxxx.local\Shadow?Copy?Components". Advanced Open File Option used: Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS).
Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy Services (VSS) snapshot provider returned the error: "Catastrophic failure". To make sure that the VSS is not disabled and can be started, click Control Panel, and then click Administrative Tools. Open the Services, and start Volume Shadow Copy. Check the Windows Event Viewer for details.

V-79-57344-34110 - AOFO: Initialization failure on: "\\xxxx.xxxx.local\Shadow?Copy?Components". Advanced Open File Option used: Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS).
Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy Services (VSS) snapshot provider returned the error: "Catastrophic failure". To make sure that the VSS is not disabled and can be started, click Control Panel, and then click Administrative Tools. Open the Services, and start Volume Shadow Copy. Check the Windows Event Viewer for details. The following volumes are dependent on resource: "C:" .

failed

on the machine that i attempting to backup some of the vss writers have failed and i cannot reset them. the only way i can get the machine to do a successfull backup is if i restart it. i had this error about 2 months ago and only a restart fixed the problem then... the machine backed up fine for 2 months then last week it started failing again. upon another restart the machine did a successfull backup but only once this time... now the machine will not backup again.

what is causing this problem and how can i fix it without having to restart the machine?
Message Edited by krjr32 on 11-28-2008 07:58 AM
Message Edited by krjr32 on 11-28-2008 07:58 AM
0 REPLIES 0