cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change tape capacity

TonyMex
Level 3
Hello,
I am using LTO Ultrium 3 tapes in an older Dell PV132T tape drive.  We moved the tape drive to a new rack and when we did so, were prompted to re-install the drive.  I let windows install the drivers that were there already and the drive is back, however, now all the tapes are showing a capacity of 35.5 GB, whereas before, they were showing a capacity of almost 400 GB.  Any ideas on how I can change the capacity back?
4 REPLIES 4

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

TonyMex
Level 3
Did that already, rebooted and then did a quick erase on the tapes.  They are still showing 35.5 GB capacity.

sksujeet
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
You can't change the tape capacity it should show the correct size, there might be something wrong and that is reason it is not showing correct size.

Is the tape drive properly terminated, scsi cables connected,check the new rack if everything is connected fine or not.
Try to put to old rack to see if it works there or not, may be some setting got changed when you moved to new rack.

pkh
   VIP    Certified
Dell should have some diagnostic tool for the tape drive.  Run them and see whether the tape drive is functioning as expected.