cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to see the single email for restore after deloying the remote agent for Exchange in Backup Exec

qiblatain
Level 5
Dear All,

I have deployed the remote agent for exchange  in backup exec 2010. I have exchange 2003. After the deployment I can see the exchange server, when I minimize it, I can see the Microsot Information Store. From there I have taken the full backup, the backup job is successful.

But when I go to resotre, I am not able to see the single email account or any single email.

Please guide me, because I have to restore the single email or account, but I have not even able to see the single account or email.

Thanks.
5 REPLIES 5

sksujeet
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Have you selected the GRT option while doing the backup. The grt option is in the microsoft exchange tab when you open the job properites.
the grt need to be selected to see the single mailboxes in the restore

qiblatain
Level 5

Dear  Sazz,

I have selected the GRT option while doing the backup.

Thanks for your response.

sksujeet
Level 6

That might be because of credentials.
Please check the below requirements for the account that you are using to restore

1> the account should be unique(first five character shuld be unique)
2> should have active mailbox
3> should be unhidden from GAL
4> Should be domain admin
5> should have full delegation to exchange

also click on network - logon account -> and make sure you have the system logon account and should have the correct credentials for it

qiblatain
Level 5

Thanks Saaz,
For your support,

I will confirm you now but first can you please explain me what do you mean "Should have full delegation to exchange"

Waitifn for your response.

sksujeet
Level 6
that means that account shuld have exchange full rights.

To do so you can open the exchange system manager - right click on server name and click delegate control  and make sure that account should have full rights.

you can also check

http://support.veritas.com/docs/249456
the subheading

Grant required rights on the Exchange 2000/2003 Server / verify mailbox permissions: