cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cluster SAP Backup

Mohd_Yacoob
Level 2

I'm having a clustered SAP server, so how to do the backup using BE.? can you all help me on this.?and  tell me what are the step or requirement to do this backup, is that by using the cluster Virtual IP or by both cluster server need to be backup separately and how about the SAP backup.?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi there,

You'd do the following:

1. Load the SAP agent license key onto the media server.

2. Install RAWS agent on each cluster node.

3. Open up a selection list and choose the virtual node. If you choose any of the physical nodes, should the cluster fail over, your backups will fail. The virtual node is "always up" so to speak.

4. Select the data you want to back up on the virtual node.

I have also included a TN below which has the BE 2010 R2 Best Practices for the SAP Agent. Take a read through and make sure you are complying with the suggestions as best as possible...

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=HOWTO21784

Thanks!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi there,

You'd do the following:

1. Load the SAP agent license key onto the media server.

2. Install RAWS agent on each cluster node.

3. Open up a selection list and choose the virtual node. If you choose any of the physical nodes, should the cluster fail over, your backups will fail. The virtual node is "always up" so to speak.

4. Select the data you want to back up on the virtual node.

I have also included a TN below which has the BE 2010 R2 Best Practices for the SAP Agent. Take a read through and make sure you are complying with the suggestions as best as possible...

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=HOWTO21784

Thanks!

Mohd_Yacoob
Level 2

Solved....Thanks Mr. CraigV