cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Command line jobs fail

Head_Enginerd
Not applicable
I'm trying to get a command line job to run.
My server currently has 22 jobs. Some of them work, some don't when I try to execute them from the command line.
I have created/delted jobs over and over and just can't get them to work. They will work if I manually run them from the application, so I know they are good.

Server is a new Dell with a fresh OS and all the updates. BE11d was just installed yesterday (after going through the licensing nightmare).

Here is what I get:
C:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec>bemcmd -o1 -jTest-Backup

RETURN VALUE: -1

When this happens, I get 10 events in the Application log spread out 2 seconds apart.

Here is the event info:
Database Exception Context:{CALL DBO.SAVERECIPIENT(?,?,?)} Error:-536837662: :: -2147217900:The Job-Recipient relationship already exists in the database.
:: DB Error Set 0: native=0x61040010 source=Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server hr=0x80040e14 The Job-Recipient relationship already exists in the database.

For more information, click the following link:
http://eventlookup.veritas.com/eventlookup/EventLookup.jhtml

Thanks
3 REPLIES 3

Scott_Seifel
Level 3
Partner
I received the same error when attempting to create a Smartlink between a CPS job and a BE job. Here is my error:

Database Exception Context:{CALL DBO.SAVERECIPIENT(?,?,?)} Error:-536837662: :: -2147217900:The Job-Recipient relationship already exists in the database.
:: DB Error Set 0: native=0x61040010 source=Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server hr=0x80040e14 The Job-Recipient relationship already exists in the database.

Did you find a solution for the problem?

RJM
Level 4
any resolution to this?

i am also getting the same problem when using bemcmd.

regards

RJM
Level 4
the job cannot be run if it has a schedule, removing the schedule allowed me to start it from bemcmd

regards