cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Communication error between BE and Windows remote agent

strssd4sr
Level 2

I have had this same issue for approximately 8 months. I have to virtual servers that the backup fails with the error: Final error: 0xe00084f9 - A communications failure has occurred between the Backup Exec job engine and the Agent for Windows.
Final error category: Resource Errors

I was advised on one occassion that there was a patch in BE 2014 to resolve this issue. We upgraded to BE 2014 from BE 2012 and the problem seemed to have been resolved for a couple of weeks. It is now back and seems to be worse than before.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue??

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3

pkh
   VIP    Certified
Are you on SP2? If not, do download and install it. See below https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/backup-exec-2014-sp2-release-notes-and-technical-information

strssd4sr
Level 2

Yes, I am on service pack 2. Operating system is server 2008 R2 enterprise. I have one host server with 4 virtual servers. Not sure what other information might be helpful.

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Sounds like a BE service is creashing or hanging. Do you have a formal support case logged for this issue ? If yes, would recommend to work with support as the issue is not resolved.