cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Communications Failure

John_Rattenbury
Level 2
Hi Foks,

One of our servers is running Win 2003 SBS with Backup Exec v10.0 Rev. 5484. Everything was going fine until last week when suddenly I started getting the following messages on the backup every night:

Completed status: Failed
Final error: 0xe000fe30 - A communications failure has occurred.
Final error category: Server Errors

V-79-57344-65072 - The connection to target system has been lost. Backup set canceled.
V-79-57344-65072 - The connection to target system has been lost. Backup set canceled.
V-79-57344-65072 - The Exchange Store service is not responding. Backup set canceled.
V-79-57344-65072 - The database server is not responding. Backup set canceled.

As far as I can tell, nothing has changed on the server. Being SBS, Exchange is installed but not configured and not included in the backup job.

Yesterday I tried loading Backup Exec service pack 4 but it's made no difference.

If I go into the job and check the resource credentials, the top level computer name checks out OK but everything else such as C: & D: drives and SQL data shows a communication failure.

Does anyone have any ideas how I can get the system running again?
4 REPLIES 4

shweta_rege
Level 6
Hello,

- Kindly refer the following Document:

"A communications failure has occurred" (a000fe30 HEX or e000fe30 HEX) is reported during a failed backup job.

http://support.veritas.com/docs/255814

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked �assumed answered� and would be moved to �answered questions� pool.

Thanks.

John_Rattenbury
Level 2
Hi,

Thanks for the response but I'd already read that document and, as I mentioned, Exchange is neither configured nor included in the backup. There isn't even an M: drive on the server.

Any other ideas?

John.

Clive_Hunt
Level 3
Hi John,

Are your credentials correct when trying to backup those drives? Are you using an administrator account with the correct password or are you using a created account such as a backup user?

Clive.

tejashree_Bhate
Level 6
Hello,

You may also refer to the following technote

(title) Backup Exec 9.x for Windows Servers has improved support for backups of remote computers

http://support.veritas.com/docs/255831

Note:- if we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be assumed answered and archived.