cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Completed upgrade to v10 now I cannot backup local Exchange server..

Rob_dddd
Level 2
Did Veritas/.Symantec remove the ability to backup a local Exchange database without agent software? As of a few days ago this was possible using v9. I just want to confirm before I go buy the agent in v10.
6 REPLIES 6

shweta_rege
Level 6
Hello,
You need to install a exchange license on the media server to backup a local Exchange database.

So you need to purchase a exchange agent.

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Thank You

Rob_dddd
Level 2
So if the media server is also the Exchange server then I need the agent. Can you confirm for me that this changed between version 9 and 10 of BackupExec?

Thanks for the confirmation of the agent.

Steve_O_2
Level 4
Enable restric anonymous support in the registry

Rob_dddd
Level 2
Steve can you explain your reply??

Vincent_Lewin
Level 3
In version 10 you need to buy an agent to backup Exchange.

Rucha_Abhyankar
Level 6
Hello Rob,

In order to backup the Exchange resources either local on the Backup Server or on a different server,you must have an Agent for Exchange licence for that.

An additional Remote Agent for Windows Servers licence comes with it, so you could use this licence for backing up any other remote server running on a Windows platform.

==================

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.