cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Completed with Exceptions - Corrupt file

Adam_Silbernage
Level 2
Hi,

My backup is receiving the below error. I know this is due to a corrupt file in the users Sent Items in outlook. However, how do I know what email to look for? It looks like the subject line to the email is RE: but most of the users emails have the subject line of RE:.

Do I have the user delete all sent items or is there a way I can narrow it down to what email it is?

Any help will be appreciated.
$ilby

Backup - \\XSERVER\Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes
WARNING: "\\XSERVER\Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes\UserName Top of Information StoreSent Items�〰〰〰〰〰㤹㉤づ㘴ㄴ昷昴㌸㜱愲㍢愲晦戴㑢㜰〰っ㈹昹㍤㈳晢㠴㜴挸慦㌹つ昲攷攳昴〰〰㄰愶晦搳〰〰っ㈹昹㍤㈳晢㠴㜴挸慦㌹つ昲攷攳昴〰〰㄰慡挰㘱〰〰RE: " is a corrupt file.
This file cannot verify.
4 REPLIES 4

shweta_rege
Level 6
Hello,

-- What is the version of Exchange that you are using?

Kindly refer the following Document:

When backing up Microsoft Exchange 5.5 / 2000/2003 individual mailboxes, the message " WARNING: "?Top of Information Store?? " is a corrupt file. This file cannot verify." is returned in the backup log as an exception in Backup Exec.

http://support.veritas.com/docs/255047

Thank You,

Shweta

Adam_Silbernage
Level 2
I had the user clean out the Sent Items folder and that solved the problem. With a few hundered items, I wasn't going to search for ones that contained attachtments.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Kelvin_Lam
Level 4
Hello,

I have the same problem, my exchange server is 2000 version.

It is difficult to ask all the user to delete the mail. Any method to disable these kind of warning message?or any way to find the corrupted mail?

Thanks,
Kelvin

Adam_Silbernage
Level 2
Kelvin,

I'm not sure you would want to disable these warning, but you can find the corrupt email by following the warning message.

Example... WARNING: "\\XSERVER\Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes\UserName Top of Information StoreSent Items

Go to the mailbox that is in the warning message and then the correct Item bin, above would be the Sent Item bin.

Keep reading the Warning message and if the email has a subject you should be able to see it, do a search for it and delete. If it just says RE: then some searching will have to take place. You could do a Find for subject RE and that should help.

Adam