I've just upgraded a NetBackup Opscenter Server from 8.1.2 to 220.127.116.11 and, although the upgrade went fine without error - green ticks all the way - It now doesn't display any data. I just get "the report did not return any data" on the dashboard but no data returned when I look at any devices, policies, jobs or anything requiring information fetched from the master server. Data collections are enabled and I can see them running and they show as 'completed' without any exceptions. All other data within OpsCenter has been retained ok eg SMTP server in, Recipients for emails and report schedules - it just not displaying any collection data. I've left this for over 12hrs with change and have also tried upgrades to 9.0 and 18.104.22.168 with the same behaviour. This Opscenter server reports against mulitple master servers (all running 8.1.2) and I'm seeing the same for all the master servers.
Am I missing a step on the upgrade process? I've followed the guides but essentially just mounted the Opscenter ISO and ran the installer - I ran this as administrator, ensure UAC was disabled, Disabled collections prior to starting, took a backup of the existing opscenter db. I've disbaled\renabled the collections mulitple times, reboot the OpsC server but nothing has worked. The installation logs are all clean.
Has anyone had anything similar to this??
many thanks for any thoughts
Thanks very much that could be the issue but I can't actually find any link to the EEB so I can download and try. Have you been able to find the actual EEB at all?
There are a couple of things that may suggest it's not what I'm seeing but there's limited information on the page I'm looking at. I'm using this link NetBackup Hot Fix and EEB Release Auditor (veritas.com) and then adding the EEB into the search box - it only comes back with the below
There not much detail there but it does say that "OpsCenter 22.214.171.124 Images data collection does not complete after being upgraded to 126.96.36.199"
All the data collections do complete ok (I assume one of these is the 'images' data collection). Whereas all the data collection show as completed I'm not seeing any information returned - not just images - perhaps I'm not reading this correctly but, as I say, there's not much data to go on.
A link to the actual EEB would be useful if you're able to help with that?
you mention version 7 - what do you mean by that?
Looking at the EEB, I'm not sure this is the same problem you are encountering. The EEB relates to slow data collection from the master server. Also, this EEB is not generally available - it was created to fix a specific customer's problem.
IMHO, I'd start by applying the two EEBs/updates available from the download site (ET 4022693 & 4021447) if not already applied and see if they fix your issues. If they don't then log a case and see if support think that EEB 4021994 would be useful.
I built a new OpsCenter server which was able to display the information collected into the database from the master servers and then restored the original database over the top. Once this was completed the charts then failed to display again. So it seems that OpsCenter could complete the data collection fine and populate the database but then could read the information back out to display it as a report.
As this is quite a small environment I just reverted back to a new install and reconfigured it from scratch with the reports and alerts I had created from before. Unfortunately I didn't have time to troubleshoot this any further.