cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Concurrent operation option are not visible in BACKUP-Exec-2012

devendra_singh
Level 3

Plz Help.......................

I have got the probem when performing 4 backup job cuncurrnetly on one storage device.At a time only one job is run.

I have did following setting in storge device details .

concurrent write sessions=10

but it not help to run 4 backup on one device cuncurrently.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified

It is not just the targeted media.  You also got to check the resources.  For example, if the jobs are backing  folders from the C: drive, then only one job can execute at one time because the job will hold the C: drive while it is active.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...moved to a stand-alone discussion!

pkh
   VIP    Certified

It is not just the targeted media.  You also got to check the resources.  For example, if the jobs are backing  folders from the C: drive, then only one job can execute at one time because the job will hold the C: drive while it is active.

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Snapshots are taken of the resource to be backed up.  In your case, the contention is on the front-end, not the back-end.

devendra_singh
Level 3

Only one job run at a time and others  status show

"queued snapshot processing"

and i am also checked open storage device properties but it is not visible only configured device is visble.

after configuring device.

we open the deatil of created device and give concurrent write sessions=10 but it not work.

And we also serach in BACKUp-EXEC-2012 administrator guide in which  concurrent option are given in Open storge device property but it is not visible.

kindly help us...

devendra_singh
Level 3

Hello PKH

Thanks for your prompt help.

Yes you r right

"It is not just the targeted media.  You also got to check the resources.  For example, if the jobs are backing  folders from the C: drive, then only one job can execute at one time because the job will hold the C: drive while it is active."

When we give backup path expect C drive for multiple job that run concurrently but it take time.