Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configure Jobs queue in Exec 12.5

Ialahmad
Level 5
Partner

Hi All

I have Backup Exec12.5 system connected to HP Autoloader ,,, problem become if there one of backup jobs is run in Autoloader  and the backup window size for second backup job start ,,,, second job failed immediately without wait in queue until first job finish although second job has long backup window size.

also how I can Configure Media set ,,, for example I have Daily media set and I need to keep backup Image associated with this media for 8 days only

what is the suitable values or configurations  for Media set periods

Overwrite Protection period:_____________  Days.

Append period:____________.

Kind Regards.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ialahmad
Level 5
Partner

I solve problem  ,,, when I create backup job I chose if no media terminate job option ,,, but when I change to if no space in media overwrite job run well.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Hi lalahmad,

To answer Q2 first:

Overwrite Protection Period: 7 days. I would set it to that just in case your backups run into the next day. Having it as 8 would mean it would miss the windo to be used as scratch. I set my retention periods for 1 day less to counter this.
Append period: Infinite. I never bother to set this as anything other than the default.

You can put in a rule that will start the second job on completion of the first, which is something to look into.

Ialahmad
Level 5
Partner

I solve problem  ,,, when I create backup job I chose if no media terminate job option ,,, but when I change to if no space in media overwrite job run well.