cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configure tape library with IBM LTO4 drive with symantec backup exec 11D?

Paulo_Mendez
Level 5
Partner Accredited

Configure tape library with IBM LTO4 drive with symantec backup exec 11D?
Please indicate what should be step by step because if it detects the operating system, Backup Exec 11d display that is capable of 71.4 GB available, where they have a greater capacity

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

Capacity reports are notorious for being all over the place

If the tapes are currently blank, then your job MUST be an overwrite job, not an append job

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

What is the model# of the tape library? Check if the device appear in the Hardware compatibility list.

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH46703

If the library is compatible and if windows detects it then BE will configure the device automatically.

Make sure you install Windows drivers for the medium changer and Symantec drivers for the tape drive.

Mahesh_Nayak
Level 4
Employee Certified

Please confirm the details of the library , as in make Exact model, refer : http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH24414  a good tech document to trouble shoot tape libraries

Paulo_Mendez
Level 5
Partner Accredited

but when I configure the tape library drivers load symantec for LTO4 drive?
you can tell me a download link for IBM LTO4 drive?

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

Run tapeinst.exe to install symantec drivers for the tape drive.

Tapeinst.exe is located at X:\Program Files\Symantec\Bakcup Exec

Kiran_Bandi
Level 6
Partner Accredited

While configuring the devices with BE, you have to choose use symantec drivers for tape drives. Windows drivers will be fine for the medium changer. It should be listed as Unknown Medium Changer in the windows device manager.

Regards...

Paulo_Mendez
Level 5
Partner Accredited

drives installed Symantec Backup Exec 11d detects tapes with a total capacity of 745 GB, but when I check the statistics reveals that I have 71.4 GB free and it can not be because the tapes are blank. At what the problem may be due to free space is 71.4 GB being that these are blank?

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

Capacity reports are notorious for being all over the place

If the tapes are currently blank, then your job MUST be an overwrite job, not an append job