cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect to Media Server

Guy_Sears
Level 3
When I open Veritas BE, I get a box to connect to media server. It asks for user name and password. I have tried every user name and password that I can think of to get past this and it tells me "the backup exec server system service is not responding. Ther service is either not running or not installed. I have tried to start all the services through computer management and through veritas and it stalls on the Backup exec device and media service.

I can not get past this and need to be able to submit jobs and such.

Any ideas?
3 REPLIES 3

Sharvari_Deshmu
Level 6
Hello,

Please check for the exact error message in the event logs.

Thanks,

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Guy_Sears
Level 3
I have the following error:

The backup exec server service did not start. an internal error (-1610579486) occurred in object 11.

Renuka_-
Level 6
Employee
Hello,
In the installation procedure of Microsoft SQL Server 2000 , you can
add check mark to "case-sensitive" option to create instances
If the option is checked and the instance is selected for BEWS default instance,
some of BEWS services will not wake up after completing BEWS installation by following
errors in event logs.
The Backup Exec Server Service did not start. An internal error (-536837662) occurred in object 11.( Event ID:57802 in Application Event log )
The Backup Exec Job Engine service depends on the Backup Exec Server service
which failed to start because of the following error: %%0 ( Event ID:7001 in System event log )
To avoid this problem , create SQL Server 2000 instance without
"case-sensitive" option .
NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answeredand would be moved toanswered questions pool.