cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection not established - follow up

dave_chamberlai
Not applicable
I kept getting a "Connection not established" showing in the Backup and Restore screen showing that the server was not connected. Also when using the account testing tool I was getting "Failed" I had created my system logon account using the BEUtility (as I had to recover the database back to a fresh version) and it created the account without warning. So, I used the Account creation feature in the BE2014 program and deleted the system account and added it again. Still no joy. So I then used the "Change Password" feature and typed in the same password as I'd used to create the account in the first instance. Then I was able to successfully test the account and established a connection to the server. Hope this helps someone who might have the same problem.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...are you using a local system account on the media server? If so, best practice is to use an account with at least Domain Admins rights. Check the TN below on this:

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH36718

Also make sure of the following:

1. that port 10000 is open on any firewalls on the media server and remote server;

2. That any AV installed isn't perhaps blocking access between the media server and remote server.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...are you using a local system account on the media server? If so, best practice is to use an account with at least Domain Admins rights. Check the TN below on this:

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH36718

Also make sure of the following:

1. that port 10000 is open on any firewalls on the media server and remote server;

2. That any AV installed isn't perhaps blocking access between the media server and remote server.

Thanks!