cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copying configuration settings to new server?

Level 2
We're upgrading to the latest version of Backup Exec (v10) and while doing so we bought new hardware to run it. The old install is v9.1, and my question is... how can I get all the configuration from the v9.1 install over to the new server running v10?

I looked at the admin guide... there is a section on how to copy configuration settings and logon information as well as jobs, selection lists, and policies... however it says that you have to have installed BUE with the Copy Server Configurations feature enabled.

I tried to run the install again to see if that was enabled (which it appears it isn't since the copy option looks disabled in BUE v9.1) but I don't even see that option anywhere in the install for me to enable it?

Is there any other way(s)??

Thanks

- Rion
1 REPLY 1

ashwin_pawar
Level 6
Copy server configuration was part of APPP (Advanced Plus Pack Option) in BEWs 9.x which is a PAID option where as with BEWS 10.0 this is no longer a PAID option its integrated(FREE) with Backupexec.Therefore you see this option as disabled in BEWS 9.x where as in BEWS 10.0 its selectable without license key.

With respect to Saving configuration of BEWS 9.x , we would suggest you Install the Backupexec 10.0 with the same options as they were in BEWS 9.x and once the installation is completed import the catalog database (This is the only entity which is not a part of BEDB backupexec datbase and therefore can be exported/imported easily).
How to import catalogs into a VERITAS Backup Exec (tm) 9.x for Windows Servers installation.
http://support.veritas.com/docs/256300

With respect to saving settings and job setup and templates you will have to reconfigure it because BEDB contains machine specific information which can not be transfered.(if it was inplace upgrade then there is no problem).